Iraq Parliament approves new Cabinet
During a special session in Baghdad, Iraq’s parliament approved candidates nominated by Prime Minister Adil Abd Al-Mahdi for membership of the Iraq’s new Cabinet.
Prime Minister Adil Abd Al-Mahdi outlined to parliament the key priorities of the new Iraqi government which include the delivery of good public services, protecting Iraq’s national security and fighting extremism, boosting economic development, the reconstruction of Iraq’s towns and cities, combating corruption, protecting minorities, empowering women, and enhancing Iraq’s international standing.
Members of the new Iraqi Cabinet are:
- Prime Minister and Commander-in-Chief: Adil Abd Al-Mahdi
- Minister of Agriculture: Saleh al-Hassani
- Minister of Communications: Naem al-Rubaie
- Minister of Construction and Housing: Benkeen Rekani
- Minister of Electricity: Luay al-Khatteeb
- Minister of Finance: Fouad Hussein
- Minister of Foreign Affairs: Mohamed Ali Alhakim
- Minister of Health:Alaa al-Alwan
- Minister of Labour and Social Affairs: Bassem al-Rubaie
- Minister of Industry and Minerals : Saleh al-Joubouri
- Minister of Oil: Thamer al-Ghadban
- Minister of Trade: Mohammed Hashim
- Minister of Transport: Abdullah al-Maliki
- Minister of Water Resources: Jamal al-Adilee
- Minster of Youth and Sports: Ahmed al-Oubaidi
Prime Minister Adil Abd Al-Mahdi will present to parliament nominees for other Cabinet posts, and announce other appointments at a later date.